Something for Breakfast

Granola - this is not so much a recipe...you can put anything in homemade granola.

The main ingredients are:

Oats. I used 4 cups
Seeds. I used about 1/3 c. each pumpkin and sunflower
Nuts. One cup total, give or take, I used pecans, slivered almonds, walnuts and cashews

So this is maybe 6 cups. Season it with cinnamon, salt and a little brown sugar.
Add about 1/3 c. canola oil and 1/3 c. agave, honey or maple syrup.

Lay it out on a cookie sheet and slowly bake until done. I did about 275 for an hour+, and I tossed it about a few times. After It's cooled, add raisins.

Coconut, dried fruits, and flax seeds can be added as well as wheat germ. Never cook the dried fruits. They will be hard as a rock if you do. Always use enough oil/liquid sugar combo to moisten, but it shouldn't pool at the bottom of the bowl as you stir it around...just lightly coated.

For breakfast, plain yogurt with stevia, vanilla, fruit and granola.

Comments

Popular Posts