Vegan chocolate chip cookies...very, very good

This is based on Chocolate-Covered Katie's recipe for "Not Guilty" Chocolate Chip Cookies. The first time I made these, I thought they lacked the chewiness of a cookie. These are the modifications.

For the liquid portion, I used
  • 1 T earth balance, melted
  • 1 T sprouted barley malt syrup
  •  2 T. almond milk
  • 3 drops of liquid stevia and some vanilla
I opted for 1/3 c oat flour and 1/4 c spelt flour. Also, instead of chocolate chips, I substituted unsweetened carob chips. Baked them for 8 min. I did use the 2 T brown sugar, but I'm thinking of adding more barley malt and omitting the sugar the next batch. No eggs. Very little fat. Low glycemic. Super delicious. (Read about the benefits of barley malt syrup here.)

Note: Omitting the sugar and adding 1 add'l T barley malt did not work. They were not sweet enough and lacked the chewy texture.

Comments

Popular Posts