Beet Burgers

This recipe is adapted from The Post Punk Kitchen's Quarter Pounder Beet Burger by Isa Chandra. It is an excellent recipe. I use what I have, so I used little orange lentils for the brown, and peanut butter for the almond butter, dijon for the dry mustard, herbs de Provence, (dry), and instead of bread crumbs I thinly diced some sourdough french bread I had. I grated the beets by hand. Put everything in the food processor and pulsed till it looked like burger.



The secret to making these is to simmer the lentils, steam/boil the rice, and boil the beets in your spare time, and refrigerate till ready to make. This was the tastiest batch so far, I barely cooked the orange lentils, because if you are not careful they will fall apart. But they are much creamier then the brown.

The beets at Whole Foods and Giant were expensive, but the farmer's market at Waverly had beauties, for $2.50 a bunch...big bunch. The brown rice and orange lentils were purchased at Whole Foods in the bulk food section. Happy eating.

Comments

Popular Posts