Growing Things

Gardens are a lot like cancer care. Both take a whole lot of effort; sometimes that effort pays off with a tremendous bounty, and sometimes mother nature has other ideas, which make any attempt at salvage futile. Mostly, you get to see life begin from a tiny seed, then a sprout, then rapid growth, blossoms, fruit, beauty, subsistence for it's maker, then the plant has served its purpose, and lies dormant or casts off it's seed. I can see why I gravitate to gardening...it is in my nature to nurture. I think Mike cast off many, many seeds. For me, it is easier to germinate for the garden than for the soul. But I'm working on it.
Hillbilly Potato Leaf & Cherokee Purple tomatoes. I spent a lot of wasted time not mixing up the plants, since I started them from seed, then, duh, I just had to look at the leaves. Top plants look like...you guessed it, potato leaves, and the bottom row look like normal tomatoes. 

Feher Ozon Paprika Peppers - fruit turns from white to orange to red

The 1st of three rows of peas starting to pop

Morning sun

Newly planted lettuce

Lupine

Collards, Brussells and Broccoli

Late afternoon shadows

Comments

  1. yes, you are a nurturer. Small pay back on that talent I think. But the kid and I certainly appreciate those traits in you.

    I spent hours in the rain and cold yesterday covering strawberries, raspberries and pear blossoms. Hard freeze and high winds undid all my efforts. I went out and apologized to all my plants, hope they can recover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts