Still Growing, Still Mourning

The garden is thriving pretty well. I am quite pleased with the gutter and rain barrel I had installed.
We had about one inch of rain. The 55 gallon drum is practically full. I am shocked!

The weather has cooled off, which can only mean good things for the cool weather veggies, for seeds to sprouts, but not so great for the plethora of heirloom tomatoes on the sun porch  Also, I am having the house painted, so all the flowers remain in pots, until the workers are done with their ladders and drop cloths.

I went to the Ingenuity Project's Symposium last week with Christian, (Mike's best friend), and my sister Teri. I credit the program with providing a venue for Mike to explore his intellect and imagination, so I am happy to support their work, but afterwards, I was also left with a deep sense of loss and yearning to see my son again. And next week is the memorial at Hopkins.

The last couple of day have been a challenge...I feel I am moving backwards, but the garden is moving forward.
Brussles Sprouts
Ballistic collard greens, liking the cool weather
Tomatoes about a foot tall...wanting warmer weather
peas needing a trellis
Lettuce is up


Comments

Popular Posts