Making Lists

I am a list maker. I am compulsive in my need to be active, and I wonder how abnormal I am. Four years of schedules came to an abrupt halt when Mike died. Maybe that's why people says I was a good caregiver. I always had a mission, a to-do list, and schedule...whether it was working, clinic, hospital, grocery shopping, cooking....it really kept me busy. Happy busy. Now I sit alone in our home, which is my home now. I keep busy, I still have my lists, things get done, but I never realized how much I enjoyed sharing the accomplishments with Michael. He got me. I wonder if anyone else ever will. So I have a long journey ahead of me, and I have to be careful not to miss the possibilities that lie beside and beyond my grief. So I make my lists, and check things off. Todays list....

  • Apply for a passport (done)
  • Find a contractor to fix the patio (done) starts tomorrow
  • Register for "Vegetable Gardening-Beyond the Basics" at the library (done)
  • Send a few emails (partially done)
  • Eat 3 meals (2 done)
  • Cover up the new rows in the garden cause it may get cold tonight (skipped it)
  • plant a few rows of lettuce and spinach (may wait till Wednesday) its cold out today
  • Design a hemp sweater (nope)
  • Sew buttons on Rosie's gloves (nope)
  • Read some of my book (Magic Hours) (nope)

I say "it keeps me sane"...but I wonder.

Comments

  1. I guess I have to go out and cover my new plants now. Glad you reminded me about that. Thanks.

    Don't be a stranger - drop in anytime and share a cup of tea. I'd love to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me a photo a day
    send a photo of my kid,everytime you see her
    Send out recipes to your cooking challenged friends (ok,so me,send photos,and how to guidance). I eat rice kriispie squares when left to my own.
    go teach some old folks tai chi ( did i spell that right?)
    give a class on cancer fighting cooking
    teach right there in your kitchen.
    hook up with ali, bet she could find a few folks in big need of direction.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts